Friday, October 23, 2015

244.365 - friends tell me of the new world coming

I try to believe
no, they do not tell me of rock candy mountains
with cola streams and sugar cookie fish
that do not dissolve until they reach your tongue
but might as well
they tell me of just laws
cops on the people's side
kindness in bureaucrats
courts that help people find new ways
when their old ones no longer work
they tell me anyone who wants
can find a job
that pays enough to live on
bosses respect their workers
workers each other
men women and adults children
people want to help others in need
and all of us respect the earth
even the rich and powerful
no nation covets another's land
or ports, rivers, or mines
gun manufacturers make cones for ice cream
and mothers only worry about manners
I try to believe
but look around at the folks I know
and even more at the folks I don't
the ones who make the evening news
or neighbors whisper about
and wonder where will they live
and where will I
and what all those newly so very nice
people did with the bodies

No comments:

Post a Comment