Thursday, September 22, 2016

265.366 - 2016 project and circumstances

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

circumstances

I am a little humbled.  for the past three days, circumstances have ruled my living and my doing.  sheees!  really.  I thought I'd learned to control circumstancea or live with them.   not a Jedi knight, but maybe a Jedi squire.  more seriously, I did what I needed to, did what I'd promised to, and circumstances did whatever they did, and we got along fine together.  then circumstances decided to get bossy.  actually, no, I got on the train.  as innocent as that.  now I knew the train advertisement said occasional network service, but I thought that meant five minutes here, five minutes there, like that.  I can be ready for that, right?  maybe so.  I got three minutes or so twice and just over a minute once and that was it for day one.  oh well, I thought, I can live with that.  right?  who knows?  day two didn't go like that.  network services flickered three times, none of them long enough for me to really connect.  so I had accidental internet connection on Monday, and none on Tuesday.  oh! and on Tuesday we did get to Seattle, but by the time we got to the motel room, it was 2345 (a quarter til midnight) n Yoda was right, "There is no try."  oh wait!  did it work?  maybe. so on Wednesday I tried to confirm that it had and could not.  at the motel, and yes, I chose an "inexpensive" motel, I have consistent internet connection, but I think it's about 30 kilobites per second.  I tell it to post something, and an hour later I can do something else.  maybe another time I'll not be so inexpensive.  oh, who am I fooling?  next time I'll look at my wallet again and look for the motel that most nearly fits what's in my wallet.  in any case, Wednesday whooshed by me.  I did participate in the celebration we came up here for - 50 years later for the Lunar Orbiter Project.  It lasted about 7 hours, I think.  (wow!  there's only 87 of us left!)  other than that I slept and waited for the internet and slept and waited for the internet.  huh!  and forgot to write my appreciation.  tsk on me!  and today I'm blaming that on circumstances, and appreciating circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment