Sunday, November 27, 2016

328.366 - 2016 project and Kaiser-Permanente

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

Kaiser-Permanente

damn.  back here.  but you know?  coming to K-P for me is like going home for most folks, I think.  "good.  I'm here.  I can relax.  if anything can be done for my ailing, these people will do it.  if nothing can, they damn well will try anyway."  I do that:  relax and cooperate, do what they say, and only interrupt when I think they have the event-sequence wrong, or when I think I remember something that might be important to them.  and most of all I try to govern my silliness.  (if you know me, you may know a serious and more or less shabby-genteel person.  if you know me well, you know a silly person underlies that one, a silly person who really really really wants to amuse or entertain you.  "amuse or entertain" may have a place in a hospital, maybe when the conversation turns casual and light, but most conversations are serious and to a purpose.  silliness only confuses and distracts.  and I even appreciate that about the people at K-P.  they are deadly serious about saving your life, or reconstituting your health, or even removing your discomfort, but they are warm and empathetic and calming at the same time.  and if they keep you long enough, they may even find a time for your silliness, and laugh with you about it.  thank you, K-P.

No comments:

Post a Comment