Monday, November 21, 2016

326.366 - 2016 project and being linear

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

being linear

at first it seems like a limitation, doesn't it?  I can't carry on two conversations at once.  when people try, I lose both.  I can't listen to music and what someone says about it, I can do either or.  I can't write a poem and listen to you.  and I suppose it is a limitation.  take this with at least a grain of salt, but almost any woman I know can carry on more than one conversation at a time, can write a letter and talk to someone else while she does so, crimeney, can balance her checkbook while she talks on the phone!  I am in awe.  truly.  what I find impossible, they do normally.  I've even seen a young woman walking down a mallway, reading a book.  what?  isn't part of the point of walking down a mallway to window-shop?  well, but I can be linear very well.  I can get dressed and then drive.  I can eat and then watch television.  I can write a poem and then write another.  yes, I appreciate being linear, but sometimes ruefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment