Wednesday, November 2, 2016

307.366 - 2016 project and helicopters

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

helicopters

ooo!  I first saw one in the sky over Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil.  it flew slowly - whacka-whacka-whacka - across a sky it changed forever.  somewhere up there were airplanes without wings!  there was no internet, so I had to find a grownup who could tell me about airplanes without wings.  I think maybe the man who showed us movies on Sunday nights or maybe Saturday nights told me about helicopters, knew the word both in Portuguese and in English.  dear god!  the word was not in our Book of Knowledge!  I didn't think I'd ever encountered that before.  I wrote my granddaddy indignantly, I think, and he sent me back a model airplane of a Sikorsky somethin'-or-other.  when I got it built. I took it to the movie man to show him.  he misunderstood.  he thought I meant it for him.  after my initial surprise, I was glad.  he was so pleased!  and I had learned so much from the pamphlet that came with the model.  don't misunderstand, I've never ridden in a helicopter, except in my imagination or vicariously on television.  but I've read about them as if I needed to to keep them flying, and I built another model later and "flew" it all around my bedroom or some such world.  I do not know how to convince you, but yes, I appreciate helicopters.

No comments:

Post a Comment