Saturday, June 11, 2016

163.366 - 2016 project and imaginary beasts

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

imaginary beasts

geez!  I think I encountered them in my reading before school, the centaur, for instance, the cyclops, the unicorn, the gryphon, the satyr, the pegasus, the minotaur.  (no wonder I hated run dick run!)  scylla, charybdis, the firebird, mermaids.  of course, one of the best things about them was knowing about them when other people didn't.  or later, finding someone who did!  wow, it was almost like having a secret friend!  and they weren't just there for my little-kid reading, they showed up again in the fantasies of my adolescent  years, and those of my oughtabe-a-grownup years.  heck, some of them even show up in my poems now.

No comments:

Post a Comment