Monday, May 30, 2016

151.366 - 2016 project and genii

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

genii

Lindy just read to me about a person who started college at 11, and now at 16 has a master's degree, and is getting a Ph.D in aviation psychology.  and she wrote three books!  crimeney!  at 16, I was learning to drive, and it wasn't until 2 years later that I graduated from high school with a diploma that showed I did too know everything.  but this is about the genii.  Lindy just now read to me about a 10-year-old who finished college!  I often think our schools aren't very challenging, but I don't think she's a measure of that!  she's extraordinarily smart and has a magnificent memory!  and was allowed to use both, without being drugged into submission.  sorry.  sorry.  about the genii.  Lindy keeps finding stories about someone young enough for me to think her or him a child, who has gone off and done something that would be remarkable in an adult.  I think someone composed a symphony at 16, someone else at 15 developed a diagnostic technique for some disease, a technique that can be used in the field by medically trained people who don't need to be doctors.  most of them, though, are getting their Ph. Ds. at remarkably early ages.  remember, though, every Ph. D. means that person has made an advance in her or his field, often an advance you and I wouldn't even understand.  but I salute you, all you young critters out there reminding the rest of us of how slow we are, chewing our cuds here in the fields of human being.  think on!  do on!  be on!  enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment