Friday, May 27, 2016

148.366 - 2016 project and cornbread!

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

cornbread!

can you believe it?  some people only use it for the dry filler in stuffing!  me?  I love the stuff!  I don't know if it's the crumbliness of it, the just barely sweet of it, the hint-taste of corn still in it, but I see-taste-smell-feel it (I don't think I've ever heard it) like some people do cake.  once I read through the ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, egg, milk, vegetable oil) for any hint of mind control.  nope.  nothing there like optimism or courage or hope or empty promises, just plain old foods, and simple ways to combine them!.  so maybe it's the oven?  no, doesn't matter whether you use an electric oven or gas oven or one of the old-fashioned have-to-start-heating-it-yesterday ovens.  it's just good.  as if when you turn your back to open the oven, a kitchen pixie darted in and touched it with her wand, then disappeared while you turned back.  damn, it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment