Wednesday, May 18, 2016

139.366 - 2016 project and attention

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

attention

oh my yes!  (i feel like a four-year-old who just inadvertently told his best secret.)  I love going up to the mic.  I admitted to a friend of mine that I never met a mic I didn't like.  I especially love being introduced as a featured poet.  I love hosting.  I love answering questions about being a poet, or about my poems.  I was thrilled to be interviewed by Junor Francis on KPFK this morning at 0100.  what do these all have in common?  for a moment, someone's, usually several someones', attention is on me.  yes, another common element is that I get to serve some greater good - poetry, the community of poets in Los Angeles, the listeners and participants at an open mic - and I do honor that.  and at some level, that four-year-old in me is just delighted with all the eyes and ears pointed at me.  thank you.  I do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment