Sunday, May 8, 2016

129.366 - 2016 project and biography

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

biography

this can't surprise you.  someone who loves history surely is going to at least like biography.  Well, maybe not.  there is a branch of history, I understand, in which people aren't the actors, the agents.  historical movements happen and people scurry to tag along or something.  clearly I don't understand that history.  on a planet where I could understand things, people would do things and maybe someone after would come along and say  "oh I see, manifest destiny!"  so I like reading about the boy who became the Duke of Marlborough almost as much as I like to read about the battles he fought and what they meant.  I confess though:  I don't read just any biography.  Joan of Arc, yes; Richelieu, never - or never so far.  Miles Standish, yes; Andrew Jackson, never so far.  Bismarck, yes; Marie Curie, not so far.  what is my rule?  I don't know, I just know the "Yes!" feeling that wells up in me that tells me I'm gonna read this one.  yes, I appreciate biography, especially biography done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment