Wednesday, April 13, 2016

104.366 - 2016 project and driving

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

driving

yes, me, driving.  after 40 years of motorcycling and 20 years of Harleying (they ran concurrently), I am driving.  and I do it well.  of course, much of that is the (Honda) Fit, bright red with a standard transmission (stick shift), terrific gas mileage (take that with a grain or a gram of salt - when I learned to drive, 12 mpg was astounding), and a superb turning radius (I can U-turn into the second lane over).  I can hardly believe that I parallel park with some aplomb, that I travel well with others on streets and freeways (bless Lindy and the GPS lady for navigating for me), and that my neighborhood has expanded from my zipcode to Santa Monica and Venice and Leimert Park and Highland Park and Altadena and Sylmar.  And that I have fun driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment