Friday, April 29, 2016

120.366 - 2016 project and promptness

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

promptness

I haven't any.  or none to speak of.  left to me, I'd see the doctor when it was convenient.  have you ever run into a time in your life when you were just whelmed by "damn!  it would be convenient to see the doctor in about an hour!"  because of course you have to dress for it and drive there, and wait til (s)he's ready to see you.  no, of course not.  nobody on any planet I've visited ever woke up and thought, "gracious!  it would be convenient to see the doctor this morning."  no, someday might be convenient for a hike, another might be convenient for a party, a third might be convenient for visiting a friend.  so left to me, I'd be on my bed about to croak and think, "Damn!  I meant to see the doctor!"  that's me and promptness.  so I admire and appreciate - and resist - Lindy's getting me to call for an appointment and the doctor's nurse calling me back the same day and setting me up an appointment for the next morning, all the while I'm thinking, "darn!  but I have writing to do and a book to read and...."  yeah, bless all you prompt people near me and around me and out in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment