Monday, March 14, 2016

074.366 - 2016 project and "my" 2001 Harley-Davidson NightTrain

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

"my" 2001 Harley-Davidson NightTrain

why "my"?  it isn't mine any more.  in a sense, it doesn't exist anymore.  a couple of brothers bought it to customize the heck out of it and create someone else's fantasy of a Harley-Davidson NightTrain.  but "mine" still runs in my dreams, I still ride it in my dreams.  we go to wonderful townlets, villages, sometimes towns out in the desert, at the desert's edge, or far out on some point of a mountain overlooking the wilderness, sometimes in this year, often in the previous decade, occasionally in some timeless space.  do I really appreciate it then?  is anything in a dream real?  but it recurs in different dreams, never the point of the dream, just present, just comforting, just necessary when I need to get somewhere else.  so I'd have to say yes, I appreciate it.  I'm pretty sure it has a better suspension now, as we seem to glide over any terrain, even rocks.  if I could, I'd tell the engineers at Harley-Davidson how the new suspension works, but whenever I stop to examine my ride in my dream, I wake up.  but I still appreciate that wonderful machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment