Saturday, March 5, 2016

065.366 - 2016 project and serenity

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

serenity

oh man!  for nearly forty years of my life I was volatile.  mostly I hid that behind a pleasant smile, only occasionally cursing.  I was never very good at cursing, so I would soon embarrass myself and shut up.  but the pleasant smile and the shutting up only masked a rage that my poetry mentor warned me was going to kill me.  eventually I found a clinical psychologist and worked with him for five years and talked and cried and hid and eventually re-wrote my life story with insights and empowerments I discovered working with him.  then I availed myself of the training and development techniques offered by what became Landmark or Landmark Worldwide.  oh my goodness!  had serenity always been there for the choosing?  maybe so.  for thirty-some years I have lived with serenity.  Yes, I get angry, express it and get over it, but I don't harbor grudges.  mostly.  Republicans are my exception.  I claim they earn it and re-earn it, but most of my days are mostly serene, which gives me a lot more time to work clear-headedly.  yes, I appreciate serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment