Saturday, December 31, 2016

366.366 - 2016 project and Carnaval

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

Carnaval

oh!  oh!  oh!  or maybe of course!  of course I saved this appreciation for the last day!  Carnaval!  no!  not carnival!  pay attention!  spelling is important!  ask any witch!  pronunciation is important.  carnival is the collection of rickety rides associated with county fairs and some state fairs.  carnival is a cruise ship line with a questionable reputation for health and sanitation.  carnival is trash, is mediocre, is tourist class.  Carnaval is sacred.  Carnaval is the world's biggest party!  Carnaval is joy and samba!  Carnaval is Brasilian.  in 2017, Carnaval will run from from 23 February to 28 February, six days of music and dancing and celebration and sexiness and smiles and laughter and smiles and happiness and smiles and costumes and minioutfits and smiles and fun and smiles!  oh lord!  and when it's done, people stagger into Ash Wednesday or Thursday services, then go home and sleep for a week!  well, I suppose they don't, but I would, wouldn't you!  I mean, in my dreams I can imagine dancing for six days, but in the best of times I cannot imagine smiling and laughing for six days!  my goodness!  what a lot of happiness one must generate for that!  oh Brasilians!  I so admire you, cherish you, there must be a stronger verb than that!  to have imagined Carnaval!  to have created Carnaval!  to live Carnaval every year!  oh praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment