Sunday, December 4, 2016

339.366 - 2016 project and target shooting

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

target shooting

I haven't done it in a while.  have had too much attention on being sick, or on not being sick when I get a day of that.  but not so long ago, I used to go every week and shoot thirty rounds into a target.  bless Target Range for providing the opportunity!  I am no marksman, but I aspire to be.  but even without accolades, I enjoy shooting my gun at a target.  funny, that's really all it is, shooting a gun at a target, but it seems so much more to me.  I feel it as a quiet time, a Zen time.  I shoot, and something happens in the world.  something harmless.  I seem to learn about my gun.  I seem to learn about me.  I seem to learn about the world, and especially about how the world is completely independent of our wants, wishes, and intentions.  the world just is.  we do, and something happens, and we can measure what happened.  and that is it.  Zen.  yes, I appreciate target shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment