Saturday, February 27, 2016

058.366 - 2016 project and Brasilian language, music, dancing, women

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

Brasilian language, music, dancing, women

probably I romanticize or fantasize, but glory!  I love the sound of Brasilian Portuguese spoken, even if I only understand a word here and a word there scattered in the stream.  I love Musica Popular Brasileira almost generically - if you work diligently you may find an exception.  I love bossa nova and samba.  I love watching Brasilians dance, for instance at Carnaval in Rio or Sao Paulo or Salvador.  ah Salvador!  last night I watched ten Brasilian women celebrate all women but particularly Brasilian women - poems, songs, dances, their lovely selves!  OMG!  it brought back so much!  (I lived in northeastern Brasil from roughly 1944 to roughly 1954.  it was wonder, it was adventure, it was magic, it was childhood and freedom with grownupness closing in.)  thank you, blessed ones, for a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment