Monday, February 22, 2016

053.366 - 2016 project and congestive heart failure

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

congestive heart failure

yes.  oddly enough I do appreciate it.  it entered my life back in August of 2012.  one night I had to admit I could only take about 12 steps, then I had to sit down.  if I had to sit down on the floor or the ground, I damn near couldn't get up again.  Lindy took me to Kaiser where I spent eleven days getting repaired.  turns out CHF is not something you get over, get well from.  it's a condition, and you live with it or live against it or don't live.  I happened to pick live with, and so far am doing a good job of that.  it changed my diet, and Lindy has made sure that is not a sacrifice - spices are wonderful!  it changed how I live - I walk or drive instead of riding.  it changed what I drink - I sip water instead of drinking coffee all day.  I came out of those eleven days glad to live a while longer, glad to share my enthusiasms with my friends, glad for what I have and do and am.

No comments:

Post a Comment