Friday, February 12, 2016

043.366 - 2016 project and appreciation

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that inspires or appreciates

this morning I woke up alive and glad of it.  for what am I glad?  that I get to create another of these entries. that I get to write another poem.  that I get to share another day with Lindy and with my friends.  that I get to eat these wonderful foods Lindy prepares for me.  that I get to stare out the window and think, or at least think I think.  <g>  that I get to work on a story.  that I get to read poems by other poets.  that I get to see beautiful photographs.  that even though I missed Carnaval, I can go back and find photographic evidence that it happened and that Brasilians expressed joy and delight.  that once more I get to grin back at Death and say, "Not yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment