Wednesday, September 30, 2015

043.365 - limited by physics

          do you know how much physics restricts your thinking
               -Linda Underwood

I do
two bodies cannot occupy the same space at the same time
a body in motion continues in that motion unless acted upon by a force
force is the product of the mass of the object and the acceleration produced
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
the more precisely position is known, the less precisely momentum can be known in that instant, and vice versa
yes
I cannot get past these requirements
unless I reseat myself in a surreal train
I listen in awe as politicians debate or preachers speak
until I guess they know no physics, mathematics, or logic
and so have no restrictions on their thinking
the same object indeed is purple to one of them
pink to another and orange to a third
one sees it run straight, another sees it loop
and for the third, the object flits like a butterfly
the men of god see angels sweeping the ground
to keep the object running in its course
I think I will go home and read a book
or maybe watch a movie
listen to rock'n'roll or play a game
I am more comfortable with watching how cards fall
than listening to reality
weep with its twisting

No comments:

Post a Comment