Sunday, September 27, 2015

025.365 - light and coherence

“the light,” he said, “is incoherent”
“I feel like that,” I said, “myself sometimes”
he looked a bit radish to me in that dark
and I’d had to guess at his celery
earlier when we discussed finances and finery
but the world had turned and murder happened
and now we talked physics in the dark
when neither of us were doctors
and we weighted for the fleece to shine
lights without illumination or clarity
upon and around the body and the blood
and knew when cars arrived our deprived
would turn depraved in their lights
and we might very well become the perps
who had but recently reported the dime
“wait right there,” the nine-eleven lady said
and we wondered if she really were nine-eleven
instead of five-two or thereabouts
but then he found two cards poking out from a crate
the five of spades and two of diamonds
and knew in a flash of darkest darkness
our lights were really incoherent

No comments:

Post a Comment