Saturday, July 16, 2016

198.366 - 2016 project and my iPad

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

iPad

oh my goodness yes!.  someday, I promise myself, someday I'll learn how to really use the iPad.  after using the iPad for seven years, that promise looks a little thin and tattered.  I'm still a doofus.  I do the few things I know reasonably well.  but this isn't an appreciation of me, it's an appreciation of an artifact, a tool, of a design done right, an iPad.  there were tablets before the iPad, and they were okay, they worked well.  then Apple stepped in with the iPad, and we knew how a tablet computer was supposed to work, like the iPad.  and for the few things I wanted to do with it, the iPad works almost intuitively.  it's like an extension of my hand, and I figured out how to use my hand as a baby.  go ahead, feel superior, I don't mind.  I store my poems on my iPad, then use it to pick out the ones I want for a reading, copy them into a folder I set up for that reading, then order them the way I want to read them.  my iPad is light enough to hold while I present my poems without getting the shakes, and it never loses track of where my poems are.  so far, my iPad and I do this comfortably.  I also take notes on it, in workshops and classes.  if I need it for a calculation, I can do that.  if I need it to find out where in the world I am, it'll do that.  And there are many, many more things it can allegedly do, maybe a bazillion, but I haven't figured out how.  I know people program on it.  not me.  I am told people do astronomical calculations on it.  not me.  it does what I got it for and maybe half a dozen other things I've tried.  yea iPad!  and thank you, Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment