Wednesday, July 6, 2016

188.366 - 2016 project and walking

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that appreciates

walking

this is as in "oh, how I miss walking!"  that kind of appreciation.  my ankles hurt.  the balls of my feet hurt.  my knees sometimes hurt.  what I do now is an imitation of walking.  many of the motions are the same, but slower, and jerky.  I can push myself up into a more or less erect stance, then coax one leg and then the other to take a step.  oh, it does make me appreciate walking even like I did it it a coupla (more or less two) weeks ago, but especially walking like I did most of my life.  walking was natural and easy, it took me everywhere.  well, nearly everywhere.  I did ride my bicycle, then my scooter (a Lambretta), I rode in cars, I rode my motorcycle, then my Harley.  But mostly I walked.  or ran up stairs, or skipped down them two at a time.  mostly I walked.  it was easy and apparently thoughtless.  now it is neither, and I still walk, in the apartment, or down to the car.  I walk short distances from the car when we go some place, then I sit down.  and now and then, facing a long walk (two or three blocks) from the car to where I'm going, I balk.  at Kaiser-Permanente, I borrow one of their wheelchairs.  trust me, I really do appreciate walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment