Saturday, January 23, 2016

023.366 - 2016 project and appreciation

every day in 2016, write a sentence or a paragraph or a poem that inspires or appreciates

Harley-Davidson

112 years old now, your company makes some of the most beautiful motorcycles in the world, and makes motorcycles that sound like no others.  For 22 years, I think, I rode a succession of three Harleys on freeways, on highways, on streets, on roads, even on trails.  I rode them in forests, on mountains, in deserts, in rural country, in towns, and in cities.  I rode the coast highway up to San Francisco, I took a 7700-mile, seven-week ride that made a kind of lasso-loop around the middle of the forty-eight contiguous states.  I rode to Albuquerque and back, to Oakland and back.  I rode to work and back nearly every day for most of those years.  Goddam, I loved those three motorcycles, and I loved riding them.  Harley-Davidson, I salute you.  You make damn fine motorcycles, and you nourish their mystique!  Go Harley!

No comments:

Post a Comment