Thursday, November 12, 2015

316.365 - after reading Donald Hall

his was the book I studied
from him I learned contemporary poets
contemporary poems
from his book I learned so much
even if not to like all he did

he writes about a Henry Moore sculpture
I think I remember it
an egg-shaped stone
sits in a cavity
inside a possibly-feminine-shaped larger stone

he sees the color of light
birds launching themselves from the ground
swirling into flight

I wonder if I could ever see that
I see two stones
in a possible expression of a pregnant moment
I am enormously moved by the sculpture
but have no words for what it means
except guesses

maybe that is what he means
maybe that is all any of us can mean
but I see stones, shaped stones, placed stones
and he sees the color of light
birds leaping into flight
and maybe that too is a moment
immanent with possibility

may this be one also

No comments:

Post a Comment